The CIPD HR Awards recognises outstanding achievement in people management and development
Celebrate HR with International HR Day on 20 May
A new International HR Day is your opportunity to join your profession in an international celebration of HR
On 20 May we will celebrate HR as a profession, the work that we do and our positive contribution on individuals, organisations and on a national and international scale.
International HR Day provides you with an opportunity to:
- Recognise HR and HR practices at a company, national and international level
- Publicise the significant contribution that the HR profession is making
- Inspire HR associations and companies to create their celebrations to suit their national and local needs
- Showcase how we work across boundaries though the European Association of People Management (EAPM) to celebrate and develop HR professional practice
The central theme for 2019 is HR’s essence in connecting people and organisations selected by the EAPM.
20 May 2019 represents the launch for International HR Day, and we encourage as many associations, organisations and individuals to find time around then to acknowledge and celebrate their HR contribution together.
So what will you be doing to celebrate HR?
Here are some suggested actions:
- Showcase a good HR initiative that has had impact on work and working lives
- Organise event that will bring people together to network and share knowledge
- Acknowledge people that have made good contributions
- Offer support to people that may be having challenges or experiencing difficulty
- Launch a new initiative to address a workplace/social concern like mental health
Attend our national and regional events to connect with the CIPD, keep up to date with the issues facing HR and L&D and network with fellow professionals
Our research gives key insights into what is happening in HR in Ireland today, and how the profession is responding to a changing and challenging workplace