International human resources day: HR connecting people and organisations
Join us and celebrate Europe’s International Human Resources Day on 20 May 2020
On 20 May we will recognise HR as a profession, the work that we do and our positive contribution for individuals and organisations, on a national and international scale.
The theme for 2020 is HR’s essence in ‘connecting people and organisations’ we encourage companies, associations, organisations and individuals to find a moment in these challenging and extraordinary times to acknowledge and recognise HR’s contribution.
#InternationalHRDay provides an opportunity to:
- Recognise HR and HR practices at a company, national and international level
- Publicise the significant contribution the HR profession is making right now
- Showcase how we work across boundaries though EAPM to develop HR thinking and practice
Find inspiration and material in the IHRD ToolKit
EAPM (European Association for People Management) have prepared various materials in the IHRD ToolKit, which you are welcome to use for your own approach to International Human Resources Day. You will find graphics, selfie cards and much more.
How are you recognising and participating in IHRD 2020?
- Share a brief story with us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook using #HRtogether and #InternationalHRDay (don’t forget to let us know where in the world you’re from)
- Use the #InternationalHRDay selfie cards to mark the occasion
5 reasons to recognise HR right now
- We are working hard to put people first during this crisis
- We are enabling remote and flexible working practices
- We are championing physical and mental health and wellbeing
- We are encouraging virtual collaboration and engagement
- We are supporting people and organisations to adapt to a new normal