Caring is an important part of being human. Carers keep families together, help those they care for to have a better quality of life, contribute immeasurably to society, and save the economy a substantial amount of money. While caring can be rewarding, it can also be stressful and isolating if carers don’t get the support they need – especially during a global pandemic like the coronavirus.
As such, this guide:
- discusses what we mean by a ‘working carer’ in the first place
- examines the impact of COVID-19 on working carers
- considers the business, legal and moral reasons for care-friendly workplaces
- outlines five ways to help you, as an employer, create a supportive workplace.
The recommendations and key takeaways within the guidance will help you to:
- develop and communicate a carer policy, framework or guidance
- introduce flexible working to support working carers
- provide carers’ leave (paid or unpaid) and be adaptable when carers need leave at short notice
- help line managers to empower carers.
- provide information and peer-to-peer support.
Download the guide
Download our concise guide for practical support to help you embed carer-friendly practices in the organisation.