Activate your career in the people profession
Foundation Membership starts to build your credibility. It shows you’re serious about your development and that you have a strong base of knowledge to build on. Once you’ve successfully completed your CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice you become a Foundation Member and can use the designation 'Foundation CIPD'.
Working at Foundation grade means you have a direct impact on daily operations. You’re using your knowledge to perform an effective tactical role that supports others in your organisation including your manager, colleagues and customers.
This grade could be for you if:
- you've completed the CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice
- you’re beginning to build your experience in people practice, or looking for your first role in the people profession
- you’re carrying out varied tactical and administrative work for your immediate colleagues and customers
- you’re applying your knowledge of people practices to your work
- you’re performing day-to-day tasks, such as answering queries, booking people onto training, or gathering information to support people programmes
Connect, learn and be inspired
- Online Community forum - Socialise, discuss and learn from an interested and supportive community of professionals.
- Take part in local CIPD regions’ activities
- Find inspiration at CIPD conferences and events
- Get invitations to CIPD student-only events to support you in your career and in your studies
- Opportunities to network with senior HR and L&D professionals in your region
- Enjoy networking and shared learning with your peers
- CIPD Profession Map – our competency standards set out what the best in HR and L&D are doing and help you assess your professional capability and how to progress your career
- My CPD Map - an online assessment tool to identify your strengths and areas for development
- Use our CPD reflective questions to demonstrate your commitment to learning and staying up to date, and the impact on you and your organisation
- CIPD career hub - an online gateway to information, tools and advice to help build key employability skills and enable you to make the most of career opportunities
- Professionalisation - access to supports to diagnose and build the capability and professionalism of your HR and L&D team
Practical and inspiring resources to keep you up to date in the fast changing world of work and support those who are studying:
The award-winning People Management magazine, app and website
'I love my People Management magazine. It's my lunchtime read where I can read about the case studies and inspiring people who are doing great things. It makes me think "Yes, I am in the right career!"'
Rebecca Watts Assoc CIPD
HR and L&D Project Manager for Health Education England
Easy access to support when you need it
Foundation Member fees
Foundation Member fees
The Foundation Member fee will be announced on 1 July 2021.
Fees for our route to becoming a Foundation Member:
|Study a qualification||Fee|
|Qualification fee||Set by individual study centres|
|12-month Student Member fee*||£98|
|Total||Qualification fee and £138|
Once you finish your qualification, you’ll start paying the Foundation Member fee at your next renewal on 1 July.
*Dependent on when you join in the year, we offer different membership fee options.
Not sure if Foundation Member is right for you?
* Calls are routed through to the UK