Get instant access to resources and support
Affiliate Membership brings you the latest CIPD insights, research, case studies and resources to help you stay up-to-date. It’s ideal if you need help to check you’ve got the right people policies for your organisation.
It also gives you access to our network of 150,000 people professionals around the world, so you can share ideas, learn and make decisions about your people practices.
This grade could be for you if...
- you’re looking for straightforward access to resources, content, support and CIPD networks
- you’ve got people management responsibilities, but you‘re not working directly or full time in HR or L&D. Or you’re already in a senior people role and you want occasional access to CIPD networks
- you’re not committed to studying or being assessed for CIPD membership
Affiliate Membership is not right for everyone. If you’re keen to develop a career in the people profession, and build your professional credibility, Affiliate Membership is probably not right for you. Why not take a look at our other membership grades.
I'm not an HR specialist. So being able to access the CIPD's online resources is really important for me and my organisation.
Deputy General Manager, The Nederlander Dominion Theatre
The award-winning People Management magazine, app and website
'I love my People Management magazine. It's my lunchtime read where I can read about the case studies and inspiring people who are doing great things. It makes me think "Yes, I am in the right career!"'
Rebecca Watts Assoc CIPD
HR and L&D Project Manager for Health Education England
Practical and inspiring resources to keep you up to date in the fast changing world of work and support those who are studying:
Connect, learn and be inspired
- CIPD Profession Map – our competency standards set out what the best in HR and L&D are doing and help you assess your professional capability and how to progress your career
- My CPD Map - an online assessment tool to identify your strengths and areas for development
- Use our CPD reflective questions to demonstrate your commitment to learning and staying up to date, and the impact on you and your organisation
- CIPD career hub - an online gateway to information, tools and advice to help build key employability skills and enable you to make the most of career opportunities
- Professionalisation - access to supports to diagnose and build the capability and professionalism of your HR and L&D team
Easy access to support when you need it
Affiliate Member fees
Joining fee: £40
Affiliate Member fee for up to 12 months* (from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021): £260
You can pay by card or through direct debit instalments, and you’ll need to renew your membership annually on 1 July. We’ll send you renewal information well before the due date to remind you how much is due.
* Depending on when you join in the year, we offer different membership fee options.
Fees are presented in Sterling, and card payments will be charged the exchange rate of your financial services provider.
- For guidance on the euro rate click here to convert currency.
Eurozone Direct Debit
You can set up a SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) Direct Debit to pay in euros. Please complete our SEPA Direct Debit instruction form and send it with your membership application form.
Direct debit payment amounts are based on our current exchange rate €1.15 = £1 (rate is reviewed quarterly).
* Calls are routed through to the UK