We're able to offer a reduced membership fee to members in specific circumstances so they can continue to access our member benefits and services to support their work, careers and continuing professional development (CPD).
Reduced membership rate for career breaks and maternity leave
The career bridge register is for eligible members who are on a career break or maternity leave. The reduced membership fee is £72.
- you're an Academic Associate, Academic Member, Academic Fellow, Associate or Chartered member of the Institute (Chartered MCIPD, Chartered FCIPD or Chartered CCIPD).
- you’ve not been working for at least one year, full or part-time. you’re not receiving any remuneration or paid salary (apart from maternity pay). you have held membership of CIPD for at least one full year.
Reduced membership rate for job seekers
If you’re currently looking for work and finding it difficult to pay your annual subscription fee, you can apply to join our interim register.
- You're a Student, Associate or Chartered member
- You've been in membership for more than one full year
- You're not in work, full-time or part-time
This benefit is not available to Affiliate members.