CIPD members can use our expert helplines to receive confidential advice from trained advisers.
A new employment law helpline provides phone support on all aspects of Irish employment law. The whistleblower helpline is there should members ever find themselves in a dilemma about what to do if they witness wrongdoing in the workplace.
Please assist our helpline staff by having ready:
- your CIPD membership number
- any documentation (for example, your contract of employment) relevant to your enquiry
We know that our members and customers are facing challenging times and we are here to help you. Due to a high number of calls we apologise that your wait time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience and will connect you to an expert adviser as soon as we can.
CIPD Ireland employment law helpline
Phone: 1800 812 603
This helpline is provided by Graphite HRM and all consultants have HR and/or employment law qualifications and expertise.
CIPD members have free access to Irish employment law regarding specific situations they face in their work including dismissal, discrimination, redundancy, contractual issues and new and impending legislation.
How does it work?
- It provides CIPD members with a quick check or second opinion on legal issues
- Employment law helplines are available 24/7
- Members’ free call limit for the helpline is 20 calls per year, 25 if you’re a Chartered member.
- Additional calls at €27.00 plus VAT per call
- Call duration is uncapped
- It's a telephone helpline only - no letters, faxes or emails, please
- Calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes
It does not:
- offer in-depth help on complex issues
- provide follow up or ongoing advice on a particular situation
- provide information for third parties - clients, colleagues, family or friends
- take the place of your own or your employer's solicitor
CIPD whistleblower helpline
Phone: 0800 997 8839 (UK), 1800 303715 (Ireland)
As an HR or L&D professional, it is likely you will be involved at some stage in a whistleblowing concern, whether HR are responsible for receiving the concern, investigating, or implementing disciplinary proceedings.
We understand what a sensitive issue this can be, so we have partnered with Protect, the whistleblowing charity and leading authority in the field, to bring you an expert helpline.
How the helpline can support you:
Legally trained advisers provide independent, confidential, tailored advice based on your situation. This can take the form of practical steps on how to effectively raise a concern, right through to advice on your legal rights should you feel ignored or victimised.
They can also provide advice on how best to handle a whistleblowing concern should you be made aware of an issue by another party.
The helpline is open 09:00-18:00 Monday to Friday and there are no limits on the number of times you can call. They can even arrange contact out of these hours by appointment. Calls are generally free of charge, unless calling from a business phone.
Whistleblowing support for your organisation:
Help your organisation with their whistleblowing arrangements and culture by working with PCaW to obtain ongoing support and stand-alone consultancy that will help you to reduce risk and increase governance. You can take advantage of CIPD member only discounts that will help you and your organisation develop best-practice arrangements and encourage staff to raise concerns:
- 20% discount off both open and in-house training courses
- 15% discount on a whistleblowing policy review
To book, call +44 020 3117 2525 and ask to speak to the business support team or email email@example.com.