What can membership do for you?
- Professional credibility and recognition for your skills and abilities.
- The support and shared experience of over 150,000 people professionals in the worldwide CIPD community.
- Boost your career prospects and earning potential.
- Exclusive member benefits to add impact to your work every day.
How to become a member
Whether you’re just starting out, building your career, or working at the highest level, there’s a route to membership to suit you.
Study a qualification
- If you’re beginning or developing your career in the people profession.
- You enrol at a study centre to take a qualification, completing relevant modules and coursework and/or sitting an exam.
- Depending on your level of study, it can take nine to 12 months to complete a Certificate, and up to two and a half years to complete a Diploma.
- You achieve Associate membership grade once you have successfully completed your Certificate or Diploma qualification.
Have your experience assessed
- If you’re an experienced people professional and can demonstrate how you meet the membership standards.
- You’ll complete a series of online assessments and have a professional discussion with an experienced assessor. The knowledge you’ve gained, the way you work, and your impact as a people professional will be reviewed and assessed.
- Experience Assessment can take as little as four months. This route does not require study or exams.
- You achieve Associate member, Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow grade, dependent on your experience.
Next steps to membership
* Calls are routed through to the UK