Gain internationally recognised accreditation in HR or L&D
CIPD short courses give you and your organisation the knowledge, skills and confidence to implement good HR, L&D and people management practices in your workplace. Whether you’re looking for practical, operational know-how or high-level strategic insight, our specialist training offers exceptional learning opportunities on key topics for today’s world.
Reasons to learn with CIPD:
- Benefit from CIPD’s unparalleled expertise in HR and L&D.
- Receive the gold standard in teaching from leading practitioners and experts in the field.
- Tap into the latest thinking on topical issues from CIPD’s research arm.
- Attend classes at conveniently located hotels and venues.
- The best way to fast-track skills development and empower employees.
Understanding HR analytics workshop - 15-16 November
Duration: 2 days
As people are recognised as the ultimate source of innovation and competitive advantage, many organisations are now turning to human capital analytics to gain a deeper understanding of their workforces, and improve the quality and credibility of HR decision-making.
This two-day programme run by a leading HR analytics expert provides an in-depth introduction to HR analytics and enables you to develop the skills to initiate a human capital analytics journey.
Learn how to manage your analytics journey through the programmes:
- Linking HR and business strategies
- Assessing organisational readiness for analytics initiatives
- Building the business case for analytics
- Demonstrating the credibility and value added by HR
- Using analytical insights to improve talent management processes
- Defining the roles, capabilities, and structures required to maximise analytics effectiveness
No prior knowledge or understanding of HR analytics is required. And, with group sizes of no more than 16, you'll be able to interact with like-minded colleagues from a range of organisations, and focus on developing your own knowledge, skills and understanding in this area. The small group size also allows you to focus on your business, and understand the steps you can take to embed HR analytics in your workplace. By the end of the course, you'll be in the position to initiate a human capital metrics journey that will help to improve the quality and credibility of your HR decision-making through HR data, metrics and analytics.
Successful human capital analytics requires collaboration and cooperation between many parts of the organisation, so this course is suitable for:
- HR personnel: generalists, training and development, talent management, organisational development, and workforce planning analysts
- Financial stakeholders wishing to quantify the potential value of their workforces
- Strategic planners seeking to align market and environmental needs with required workforce capability
- IT specialists responsible for implementing the technologies underpinning their organisation’s analytics initiatives
HR business partner development - Masterclass - 28-30 November
Duration: 3 days
Discover the key competencies needed for HR business partners (HRBPs) today, and develop your skills in building commercial acumen, business savviness, influencing and analytics.
This new three day behavioural-focused Masterclass will help you identify the changing face of HR business partnering, explore key themes for HRBPs today and why these have relevance, and explore key competencies of HRBPs operating in today’s workplace.
You'll have the opportunity to measure your personal effectiveness against those competencies and behaviours as well as discuss key issues such as the need to be insight-led as an HR professional including:
- An in-depth understanding of business models.
- The value of being evidence-led to make informed decisions that benefit the organisation.
- The concept of business value and how HR can add true value by focusing its activities on the key improvement points in a business that disproportionately positively impact on organisational success.
- The contribution of workplace analytics and drawing insight from data.
- Critical elements to being an influential partner.
- The role coaching plays in the profile of the successful HRBP.
By the end of the HRBP development – Masterclass, you'll be able to:
- Identify the changing face of HR business partnering and how that impacts the function as a whole.
- Understand the transition that HR business partnering has made and how that has changed perceptions of partnering.
- Explore key themes for HRBPs today and why these have relevance.
- Understand the six competencies of HRBPs and measure personal effectiveness against those.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how being insight-led is a critical ingredient to being an effective HRBP and for developing ‘Next Generation HR’.
- Demonstrate understanding of business drivers and the impact of HR.
- Understand the business model in depth.
- Work with evidence based HR and the identify the role of workplace analytics.
- Develop behaviours which promote influence and impact.
- Explore the role of the courageous business partner.
- Analyse why effective influencing is essential for a successful HRBP.
- Understand the power of brand and credibility.
- Understand how to identify and map key stakeholders.
- Identify the elements of influencing and learn to apply these to all stakeholder engagements.
- Identify when a coaching approach can be applied to courageous conversations.
- Observe coaching skills in practice.
Developing an employee engagement strategy
Duration: 1 day
Gain the tools and techniques to develop and communicate an effective employee engagement strategy in your organisation.
By the end of the Developing an employee engagement strategy course you will be able to:
- Evaluate the different approaches to employee engagement, taking into account your own organisation’s brand, values, culture and goals.
- Develop an employee engagement strategy for your own organisation.
- Identify key stakeholders vital to the successful implementation of an employee engagement strategy.
- Describe how to clearly communicate your employee engagement strategy.
- Understand relevant case studies.
But that’s not all! Every course will provide you with a host of opportunities to develop new skills, gain valuable insights and share experiences with other participants.