CIPD South East Region hosted the second in our regions series of virtual events and were joined by speaker, Adrian Twomey of Jacob and Twomey Solicitors.
Participants heard an update on recent and pending developments in employment law with a focus on COVID-19 impact on or working environments.
Partciular focus was placed on the follow key callouts:
- Lay-offs and Short-Time Working
- Required revision of contracts and policies
- The annual leave conundrum
- Disability and Imputed Disability in a world with COVID-19
- The COVID cranks – employees using the pandemic to provoke disputes
- Health, Safety and Personal Injury Issues
- Impact on the Workplace Relations Commission
Explore our related content
Our regions are local networks of volunteers who work to provide you with networking and learning opportunities. So get in touch with your local region to find out what's happening in your area
Attend our events to connect with the CIPD, keep up to date with the issues facing HR and L&D and network with fellow professionals
As we face the ongoing impact of the coronavirus pandemic, the CIPD is collating and publishing updated resources to support your response to mental health and wellbeing